8.12.2010

Trader Joe's Refresh Citrus Body Wash

 It is with sincere and utter trepidation that try new Over The Counter (OTC) make-up and skin care products. Last week, while at Trader Joe's, one of my fave places to shop, I purchased "Trader Joe's Refresh Citrus Body Wash." I've been using it for a week now and I'm pleased with the results.

I have very sensitive skin. Now, when I say "very," that's probably an understatement.  "Uber-sensitive" or "extremely sensitive" would better describe my status.

I have Eczema. I've dealt with this inconvenient, moisture-defying skin ailment since birth. There's no cure and hundreds of triggers, i.e caffeine, chocolate, lanolin, nickel, etc. As part of my self-imposed "treatment" I rarely wear perfume, try only to use skin care products that contain ingredients I am familiar with, and never use bar soap as a cleanser. I can honestly by maintaining a healthy diet, along with moderate exercise has played a large role in my ability to manage this condition.






Not being a fan heavy, perfume-y smells, I really like the light refreshing citrus aroma, which can be really exhilarating in the morning.  Refresh, a great cleanser and doesn't produce a large amount of lather or leave skin feeling tight, dry or filmy. Even after my ritual "loofah scrub" my skin felt soft and nourished.  It contains "feel good" ingredients like, Echinacea. Ginger, Ginseng, and Chamomile. The 16 Fl oz. bottle was only $3.99, which is saving considering the $7- $9 I usually spend on body washes like Dove and Oil of Olay. It's also cruelty free, and the bottle is 100% biodegradable! I can't say that I always think about both of those things when making purchases but I always feel better when I can make purchases that support agendas that matter to me.


No comments: