12.22.2011

Creating a "Brandifesto"

Yes. "Brandifesto," it's a real word, well I mean people are really using it to describe something that exists, whether Webster acknowledges it or not is another story, but I digress.

Anyway, my research on marketing and branding has led me to this concept. "Brandifesto" is actually a brand's Manifesto. Manifesto is a public declaration of intentions, opinions, objectives, or motives. According to PRCouture it's a very powerful marketing tool that can raise awareness about a new site. This tool can, when used properly and genuinely, can help connect brands to like-minded consumers and increase brand recognition and promotion. A great example would be the Holstee Manifesto, which has been shared with hundreds of thousands across the world and helped the brand promote their "kickass products." A "Brandifesto", is an inspired, creative way of telling the world who you are and what you do. As a creative, seeking to launch a start-up in a highly competitive industry this tool is a must have for my brand.

So, here's the skinny on the brand as I realize I've been a little "mum's the word" on the whole project. I'm building a lifestyle creative solutions company, specializing in space transformation for home, retail/wholesale space, and events. The brand is a celebration of diversity, the love of vintage goods, items with a story, and beauty in it's many forms with modern, edgy and global styling.


Creating Yourself
via graphichunt.com


I started this company in the hopes to show that the experience of beautifully designed spaces, products and spaces is not something reserved only for the very wealthy. There are thousands of affordable ways to create and recreate environments and goods. This brand is a celebration of the beauty in the world as we (collective beings), as individuals see it, and reflective of our individual gifts.

What do you think? Sound like the type of company you'd want to do business with? Well let me know. One of the values I hope to promote with this project is collaboration. What values, beliefs and motives are important to you when deciding to making a purchase?

No comments: