10.07.2010

Snore No More: Product Review-Silent Snooz



Research shows that as many as 50% of people snore habitually or at some point in their lives. The tendency to snore presents more often in men than in women. The causes are linked to things like stress, allergies, poor diet, lack of sleep, lack of exercise, and serious conditions like sleep apnea, but if you're living with someone who snores you probably already know this, and the only real question you might have is "How can I make it stop?!"

So here's the skinny. My boyfriend snores and I am, unfortunately, an incredibly light sleeper who was fast becoming a very cranky partner. I tried every solution I'd hear of: "rollover nudges," removing, and hiding the pillows, those nasal strips, I even began wearing ear plugs to bed. Nothing seemed to work and it was beginning to cause irritation in other areas of the relationship. Not wanting to end up like one of those couples you hear about who live under one roof but in separate rooms. I set off on a search to for ways to manage the situation.


On a whim I purchased Silent Snooz in Eucalyptus. It's a bit pricey at $14.99, but hey "Desperate times..."


Product Claims: (according to product website)


  • Promotes better  breathing
  • Stimulates septum thus opening breathing passages
  • Relieves congestion (Eucalyptus & Lavender Scents)
  • Eliminates snoring
  • Device is can be used 30 times before discarding
  • Scents will not wash out
  • Comes with a storage case
  • One size fits all
  • Clinically tested to reduce snoring 
Ingredients: There were no ingredients listed on the product site but according to CVS.com Silent Snooz is latex free.

How it Works: Snoring aid is inserted into the base of the nose. The fllexing action opens nasal passages.

Results:

In my case, the snoring was not eliminated completely, but significantly reduced. I was able to completely block out the "hog calls" with my ear plugs, which had proven ineffective prior to using the product. My partner reported that the device was much more comfortable than the nasal strips, and that he was significantly more well rested than usual. I think much of his snoring is caused by congestion. The Eucalyptus scent has not faded with cleaning. After a few days use the results have been really effective making the price  easier to swallow. For a few (and hopefully more) good nights of uninterrupted sleep it was money well spent. My partner and I intend on continuing to use the product in combination with some natural/herbal remedies I've researched.

If you're interested in any of the natural remedies please contact me directly.