10.09.2011

New Adventures

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts. -Winston Churchill 



First, a big "Thank you" to all of you who have continued to check-in despite my...recent hiatus when it comes to blogging. Things have been a bit, shall I say "cray-cray" in my world as of late. My 9 to 5 (or '8 to late' as my girls and I like to call it) has gotten increasingly demanding and Grad School is in full butt-kicking mode. In addition, I've pulling my life together after a recent breakup and trying to reconnect to my creative roots. Needless to say, with so much going my blog was one of the things that fell through the cracks. 

That being said, if anyone is still out there...waiting...reading (wishful thinking?)...the good news is I am still here. I still have a lot to say and share and I hope that you'll continue to ride with me.

One thing I'm very excited about is the blog redesign. I mentioned sometime last year that I was hoping to move my blog over to WordPress.com. Well, as you can see that didn't work out. I don't know what goes on with these techie folks designing platforms for the general public that require you to actually learn a new language before using them. Simplicity is often very under rated. So, I'm working with a developer for a new 'skin' for WhatLooksLikeCrazy.com to be used right here on user-friendly, Blogger!

A skin, for the non-techies out there is like a book cover for a blog. It is very similar to those reusable sticky things you can buy for your iPad or iPod. It'll give the blog a new look but Blogger.com will still be the host. Ok, enough of the technical stuff.

The new blog will be the same in that we'll chat and focus on things like Design, the folks behind some of your favorite brands, Food, and Travel. Speaking of which, I've been working on some Bespoke (I love this word. Sounds SO much better than home-made to me for some reason.)  items I've been creating for myself and others that I'm excited to share.

As anyone who's an adventurer or risk-taker (Indiana Jones being my favorite) knows, the ride is never what you expect. There are twists, turns and hurdles where you'd least expect them. The important things are to keep moving, stay focused and enjoy every minute of it!!










 

No comments: